If you are a collaborator that has already been granted access to the private page, click here to be redirected.
Interested in Collaborating?
Thank you for your interest in collaborating with Spit for Science. We invite faculty and/or trainees who are interested in collaborating to review the information listed below:
Options for Collaboration:
1. Additional Data Collection with Access to Participants and Data (Spin-Off Study)
- Description: A select number of projects that involve the contact of previous Spit for Science participants for additional data collection will be approved annually.
- Requirements: Projects must have funding available for data collection and will require approval by the Spit for Science Director, Steering Committee and the IRB.
2. Secondary Data Analysis
- Description: Researchers may request access to the Spit for Science data (survey and/or genotypic) for the purpose of secondary data analyses.
- Requirements: Projects must be in line with the broad aims of the project (understanding how genetic and environmental factors contribute to substance use and college behavioral & emotional health outcomes) and unique from projects that are currently ongoing.
- Alcohol Use
- Caffeine Use
- College and high school behavior
- Eating behaviors
- Emotional health
- Engagement in social activities
- Family relations
- Nicotine use
- Peer behavior
- Pet ownership
- Physical activity
- Prescription and illicit drug
- Sexual behavior
- Stressful life events
- Work & Finances
If you're interested in learning more about the specific constructs that have been previously administered, please contact the research team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to our codebook.